Every time a transporter has to transport goods whose total value exceeds Rs. 50,000, the transporter needs to carry what is called an E-way Bill (Electronic-way Bill). An E-way bill is compulsory to have if the goods are being transported between different states. However, some states have also mandated E-way Bills for intra-state goods movement if the value of goods exceeds Rs. 50,000. For aiding accountants in generating an E-way Bill, your accounting software can do this. The following are guidelines for using Tally.ERP 9 to generate E-way Bills:
Step 1: Setting it Up
In order to set up the software to generate E-way Bills, follow this procedure:
- Go to F11 -> F3 -> GST Details
- In ‘GST Details’, you need to fix settings for:
- Amount limit of transactions above which E-way Bill generation is possible
- Date from when you want to generate E-way Bills
- What inter-state or intra-state goods movements you would want to generate E-way Bills for
In accordance with the above stings, Tally.ERP 9 will generate E-way Bills for eligible transactions
Step 2: Generating E-way Bills while creating invoices
Once you fill the details in an invoice on the basis of the criteria fixed in the settings as described above, Tally.ERP 9 opens a sub-form for you. After this, you need to complete the following actions:
- In the sub-form, fill in additional details of transportation of goods. Once you do this, you can export the data as a JSON file.
- Upload the JSON file on the E-way Portal to generate the required E-way Bill. The E-way Bill will display the E-way Bill Number (EBN) and the transportation.
- Type the EBN into the respective invoice and then take a print.
The above actions do not necessarily have to be completed in the same order.
The following are reasons why Tally.ERP is a very convenient tool for E-way Bill generation:
Flexibility to create a JSON file for single/multiple invoices to generate E-way Bills
You can generate an E-way bill for a single invoice or multiple invoices in accordance with business requirements. Which means, for multiple invoices, you can either generate individual JSON files per invoice and upload them individually in the E-way Portal, or you can generate a single JSON file for the multiple invoices and take a single E-way Bill for the invoices.
If the place of supply, mode of transport, vehicle number, and state are the same for multiple invoices, you can group them together, generate a single JSON fil, and generate a consolidated E-way Bill after generating individual E-way Bills for the invoices. Having a consolidated E-way Bill adds to the convenience of transporters.
Easy Switching between Portal and your System
You have the option to first generate E-way Bills from the portal and then update it in the Tally.ERP 9 system, or vice versa. You are not bound to follow a fixed process, so long as you follow all the steps mentioned.
Ability to generate E-way Bills for all types of transactions
You can generate E-way Bills for different types of transactions such as:
- Transportation of Goods
- Credit Notes for Sales Returns
- Debit Notes for Purchase Returns
- Receipt Notes
The above article shows why Tally is a must-have tool for accountants when it comes to generating E-way Bills. Not only does it offer great flexibility, but also great ease of use, due to which even less experienced accountants can easily generate E-way Bills in an accurate manner.
How the KDK Software provides added convenience
To facilitate easy generation of E-way bills, the KDK software has a feature named ‘Express Way Bill’. The feature integrates itself as a plug-in within Tally ERP 9.0 and enables user to generate the E-way bill within Tally. The plug-in significantly cuts down on the manual effort required to create an E-way bill by automating Step 2 as mentioned above.
All you have to do is to fix the necessary criteria in the settings, based on which the various details that have to be filled on to invoices whenever necessary will be auto-filled. Now supposing you use the plug-in to generate an invoice, the software will immediately pop-up the question ‘Do you want to generate E-way Bill’? Once you click on ‘Yes’, the three sub-steps mentioned in Step 2 are performed automatically by the software. The plug-in has been programmed to communicate with the government portal and perform the following tasks in an automated manner:
- Receiving invoice data from the government portal
- Fetching the details from the back-end
- Checking the E-way bill number generated
- Punching the E-way bill number on to your invoice
- Sending the invoice copy with the E-way bill number to your transporter and to the other parties involved in the transaction
Thus, the use of the plug-in offered by KDK Softwares helps you complete the task of generating an E-way bill within a matter of few seconds.
Quickest Route For Your E-Way Bill Generation
Generate E-Way Bill In Just 1 Second
( No Credit Card required )