Before we look at how to file GSTR-3B, let us understand what it actually is. GSTR-3B refers to a monthly self-declaration that has to be filed by registered GST dealers in addition with GSTR 1 and GSTR 2 return forms. GSTR-3B is a simplified return that has to be filed for the purpose of declaring a summary of GST liabilities for a specific tax period. KDK Software offers you an easy technological solution which would simplify the procedure of GSTR-3B filing.
Filing your GSTR-3B is now easy and error-free with these simple steps:
Add your company name with the required details. Once you select your company, click on ‘File Return’ Icon, which would open the following Compliance page:
Choose GSTR-3B from the ‘Filing Type’ section and select the Financial Year and Tax Period before clicking on ‘Proceed’.
2. Once you click on Proceed, you see the following dashboard:
You need to import Invoices from the GSTR-2 data.You can do so by downloading the pre-built templates from the following pop-up.
3. Next, you need to check the ‘ITC Claimed and Due’ where ITC stands for Input Tax Credit.
This section shows the ITC clained during the month in GSTR-3B, the ITC Auto-Populated in GSTR-2A for the month, and the shortfall/excess in liability. You can filter the data by Tax Period. The cost breakdown is shown in multiple columns for IGST, CGST, SGST, Cess, and Total.
4. After completing the above, you need to fill in the GSTR-3B details in the screen shown below:
Once you complete the above step, you need to import the GSTR-3B.
5. After you import GSTR-3B, you will view a floating sidebar which shows the GSTR 1 data as follows:
You will also see an ‘Offset Liabilities’ tab which is divided into two sections as shown below:
By default, it will show the ‘Offset Liability’ section which is further divided into two parts (Credit Available and ITC Utilization).
The other section in the tab is ‘Action: File PMT’. When you click on this button, it will redirect you to the following section:
The PMT 09 is a type of challan which is used to transfer already paid amount in electronic cash ledger from one head to another.
If there is still some liability that is remaining after filing PMT 09, the user has to create another challan to pay the remaining liability. Once PMT 09 and challan are filed, the ‘Get Cash ITC Balance’ API is fired which auto-refreshes all tables on the page. From here, the values would be fetched to an Electronic Cash Drawer Floating Sidebar which is shown as follows:
The Cash/Credit Ledger is also viewable in the following format:
6. Once you have completed the above step, you need to go to the ‘Review and Save 3B’ tab which shows the detailed summary of GSTR-3B in multiple auto-populated sections as follows:
Once you reach here, you should download JSON file and save the GSTR-3B on the GST Portal.
7. The final tab is the GSTR-3B filing tab. It asks for Authorized Signatory for the filing and displays the list of all signatories. This process is done either with EVC or with DSC and an OTP. Once you fill in the OTP, you get a final message congratulating you for successfully filing your GSTR-3B return.
By following the above steps, you would be able to very conveniently file your GSTR-3B returns. Do remember to file the GSTR-3B returns before the 20th of every month to avoid non-compliance.